Everybody is talking about it.
There is no place you can hide from it: the Coronavirus.
We hope you are all safe.
- Please, follow the guidelines given by the authorities.
- In few weeks, everything will be over.
But life goes on, and we want to keep giving you good useful information.
Since there are millions of people confined to their homes, we find it interesting to analyze how this situation affects our Website Traffic.
Today we’ll analyze how this Coronavirus crisis has affected our Site.
- Have our Pageviews increased or decreased?
- Which publication has been most affected?
- Have we notice anything?
In case you don’t know, in this section we talk about How we are building this Website: our SEO strategy, Theme and Plugins we use, our Real Results (Pageviews and Users we have)…
- You’ll find an Index with all our Posts sorted by Topic here: “Website building and SEO Diary“.
The impact of Coronavirus on our Website Traffic.
As you can see in the Post’s Top image, our total Users have decreased, but not so much that we can draw any conclusions.
What about Pageviews?
- Our Pageviews are practically the same.
But… is there any variable in which we have noticed change?
- Yes, in Session Duration.
- We have noticed an unusual increase in Session Duration.
- Maybe, it has nothing to do with this crisis, but we wanted to highlight it.
Do we have a Publication that is now receiving more traffic than usual?
- Yes, and it makes 100% sense: Scenario Planning.
The publication that has increased its Pageviews with the Coronavirus crisis
Our Scenario Planning publication (within the Strategy section) has increased its Pageviews and Users remarkably.
- And it makes sense: planning is vital in crisis situations.
If you follow this Diary, you’ll now that this publication was barely among our Top 10 publications.
However, check our results from last week:
- Now, it is our most visited page.
Check its Google Search Console evolution:
“Scenario Planning” Page Google Search Console results.
- Impressions and Clicks have increased more than usual.
Compare this evolution with our overall Google Search Console results:
Consuunt’s Google Search Console results.
What will we do with these results in hand?
- Nothing, really.
We won’t change or vary our content.
If we see that we can help with some Tips or recommendations we’ll do it.
- As we did in our “Work from home” publication.
We’ll keep publishing Business related content as always.
- And, of course, we’ll keep you informed here, in this Diary.
The most important thing now is that you all take care, and keep calm… In few weeks everything will return to normal.