Today has been a writing day.
The topic, that will be published tomorrow within the “Strategy” section is called: “Competitive advantages“.
It is a 2.147 words long page, so it took a while for writing it.
Tomorrow, we’ll explain why did we choose that topic and how do we currently write our pages’ meta descriptions.
In case you don’t know, in this section we talk about How we are building this Website: our SEO strategy, Theme and Plugins we use, our Real Results (Pageviews and Users we have)…
- You’ll find an Index with all our Posts sorted by Topic here: “Website building and SEO Diary“.
How to choose your Post or Page title:
As we explained to you on the “Third day Post”, each Friday, we decide what are we going to explain Next week: the 2 topics and their H1 Headings (we don’t usually modify the H1, that is basically what we are about to explain).
Once the Page is written and edited, we think about its “Meta description” (that we’ll explain tomorrow) and its “Title” or “Meta title”.
As we told you in our “Second day” Post, we employ the “mypace custom title tag” Plugin that only makes one simple but effective thing (what we love): it creates a little window in the “Backend editor page” where you can write the title you want for your page.
But how do we choose our pages’ titles?
- We usually put first the H1 heading, the pure topic we talk about and, if it is not very long.
- We add then a dash “-“.
- Then we add a little 3 words description like: “a useful guide”, “helpful examples”…
- Finally we finish with a vertical line and our page name: “| Consuunt”.
* For example: “Topic we talk – Find how it works with easy examples | Consuunt”.
If the H1 is so long that we can not add any additional description, we modify slightly the H1 heading name in order to add few more descriptive words, not adding any dash “-“.
- But we always end with our website name “| Consuunt”.
* For example: “Topic we want to talk with a little additional description | Consuunt”.
Which is our “Click Through Ratio?” This would say whether our title selection is adequate or not; if it is high it would mean we make impressive well designed titles so as soon as somebody sees them he clicks.
- We have read than an average CTR is around 2%.
- It varies, but by now is pretty low, we have a CTR of 1% but since our Webpage has been active just 1.5 months we are not intended to change our Title selection strategy… by now.
If we find a better title strategy, for sure we’ll Post it here as soon as we adopt it, that is what this section is about.
* We don’t use this method with our “SEO Diary” Posts (such as this one); we use more simple and improvised titles.
As you can see in the picture above:
- Yesterday, we had 6 users.
However, you have to take into account that 4 users had been generated by Google Search Console’s crawling system (2 for the page published and 2 for the post).
Then, real users: 2.
* Lately, we have noticed a decrease in users on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, improving then on Thursdays and Fridays.
Since this analysis comes with one day delay, you’ll see if we’re right this week on Friday (hopefully).