What you need to know to Start a Site from scratch
When we started this project we didn’t know anything about Website building or SEO.
- We didn’t know what a Plugin was.
- We had no idea about SEO.
- We didn’t know what PHP or CSS were.
Therefore, we had to find some advice on how to create a website and what we should expect.
- Regarding Users, Page Views, etc.
We were suddenly surprised because:
- Everyone knew exactly what to do.
- According to lots of “SEO gurus”, increasing your Page Views is not very difficult.
However, nobody shared their “official” numbers transparently.
As you know, we have experience in Venture Capital and Business Restructuring but, in this particular field we were complete rookies.
- And, nowadays, having notions about Website building is almost as important as any other major traditional Business discipline.
That is why we want to share the experience that we are acquiring in a completely transparent way.
Here, we will Post weekly about what we are doing, our strategies and results.
- Here you have all these Posts perfectly sorted by Topic.
Learn from our Experience building this Website
If you are thinking about starting a Site but you’re a bit lost about what to expect…
- This is your place.
- “SEO gurus”.
- Miraculous solutions.
- Simplistic advice.
Here, you’ll find all our numbers, results and conclusions in a completely transparent way so you can learn from our mistakes and successes.
Discover our SEO Strategy, Actions taken and Results obtained
We started this Diary when we didn’t even have 1 user per day.
Our Google Analytics report in our first Post.
We barely had 25 users per week, most of them generated by Google Search Console’s Crawling system.
From that day on, we have been publishing everything we have done in order to find out what works and what doesn’t.
We have sorted all our publications both:
- By Topics covered.
Posts sorted by Topics covered
Here, you have all our Posts sorted by Topics covered (we’ll update this list weekly).
- In each publication we try to share something useful, new and interesting.
- Moreover, At the end of each Post, you’ll find a daily report where we share with you the amount of users and Page Views we had.
We have chosen the following classification:
- SEO Strategy: What we are doing and whether it works or not.
- How Google Works: Lessons we have learn and patterns we have found.
- Google AdSense: Our experience.
- Useful Tips you should know while building your site.
- Improving your site: How to modify things easy and safely.
- Reviews: SEO Tools, Themes, Plugins and more.
- Error fixing: How we solved the errors we found.
- Backlinks: The ones we have received and what we have done.
- Monthly special Posts: extensive Posts full of content and conclusions.
- How to get more traffic to your Site at Christmas | Topic Research
- Improve your Site Crawlability with Robots.txt.
- Content Cannibalization – Why you should be worried and How to avoid it.
- Site Content Strategy – Does it work? Our results.
- Find New Topics with Amazon.
- How to build Internal Links.
- AnswerThePublic and Keywords Everywhere
- Improving your SEO with Google Search Console Queries.
- How to find trending Blog Topics easily.
- How to generate Snippet oriented content.
- How to choose your Page/Post title part 2.
- Why don’t we use a SEO Plugin?
- How often we are Posting.
- How to choose your Meta description.
- How we choose our Post titles.
- Writing the Webpage content.
- Choosing Topics.
How Google works
- How long it takes to reach 1,000 Pageviews per week.
- The Difference between Landing Pages and Starting Pages.
- What is the importance of Google Search Console?
- What CTR should you expect? We analyze our Best and Worst pages.
- Why is my page not Ranking in Google?
- More Impressions and fewer Clicks?
- Showing up on Google’s first page.
- Real Income you can expect from Site Ads.
- Pageviews generated by Google Search Console.
- How Google Ranks your Website?
- Relation between Ranking Impressions and Clicks.
- How often Google Search Console data updates.
- How to analyze Google Search Console data.
- How Related Posts can hurt your SEO – Our Solution.
- YouTube SEO channels we recommend | We only follow 3.
- How many Blog Posts should you write per month?
- The impact of Coronavirus on our Website Traffic.
- Blogging in English and non-native speaker? – Our Experience and Tips
- Helpful Content rank Faster and Better.
- Long posts vs Short posts.
- 5 months of SEO and Website building.
- What to Post when you don’t know what to Post
- Why has your Website traffic dropped?
- Common fake SEO expert Scam.
- One of our best Pageviews days so far.
- Our worst day in Visits and Pageviews so far.
- How often should you update content on your website?
- Website traffic decrease on Holidays.
- How long it takes to build a Website.
- How to generate quality content fast.
- How often should you backup your Site.
- Is it better to write Posts or Pages?
- Should you learn php and/or CSS or not?
Improving your site
- We update WordPress to 5.6 – We Test its Speed and Compatibility.
- We update WordPress to 5.5 – We Test its Speed and Fix Issues
- How to Create a Social Network Website easily from Scratch.
- Should you update your WordPress to version 5.5?
- How to Test any WordPress Plugin without installing it on your Site.
- How to update KLEO Theme.
- How to edit a php file easily.
- How to Remove WordPress logo from Login easily.
- How to generate a Sitemap in just 1 step.
- How to increase your Site’s speed from 70% to 96% (GTMetrix).
- What is Robots.txt file and How create it?
- Modifying BuddyPress Members page.
- Twenty Twenty-One: The fastest Theme we’ve tested so far.
- Astra: A Popular Highly compatible Theme – We Test it.
- GeneratePress: A Highly-compatible Fast Theme – We Test it.
- PopularFX: A Theme with Templates – We Analyze and Test it.
- Neve: A Fast Multipurpose Theme – We Analyze and Test it.
- OceanWP review: A professional but slow Theme – Our Analysis
- Our experience with KLEO Theme.
- Do Google Fonts slow down WordPress? Find out How Much.
- Add Tables with TablePress – Does it Slow down WordPress?
- Does WooCommerce slow down WordPress? How Much?
- Does Yoast slow down WordPress? We created a Site to Discover it.
- Cookie Consent: The Best Cookie Consent Plugin we have tried.
- Our experience with Contact Form 7.
- WPBakery (Visual Composer) Plugin review.
SEO Tools and more
- We try Ubersuggest. Does it work?
- Page Analytics Chrome extension – We try it.
- SEOquake – A useful SEO Tool.
- ColorZilla – A nice Chrome extension for designing a Site.
- Google Trends – Best SEO Tool we’ve found so far.
- SERPsim – A good SEO Title and Meta description Tool.
- META SEO inspector: A good Chrome extension.
- Theme and Plugins we are using.
- Google Analytics Real time is not working – What is going on?
- Visual Editor not working and can’t modify User Profile.
- How to Solve Easily Autoptimize Cache increase.
- Missing Permissions in Google Analytics.
- New Mobile Usability Issues detected in your Site but you see nothing wrong?
- Suddenly, my Site is “not secure”. Why? Here, the solution.
- Fixing Google Search Console errors – Results.
- WPBakery Frontend Text Box Editor Problem.
- Solving WordPress Edit Page problem.
- How to fix Google Search Console errors.
Monthly special Posts
- 20 month Site | Our Traffic in Christmas and AdSense earnings.
- 19 month Site: Traffic, Plugins we use and Adsense earnings.
- 18 month Site: Our Best pages, traffic and AdSense earnings.
- 17 month Site performance – How much we earn with AdSense.
- 16 month Site performance – Our Best and Worst Pages and Results.
- 15 month Website – Our Analytics and Search Console Results.
- 14 month old Site – What should you expect? – Our Results.
- 13 months special Post – Our Results and Modifications we have done.
- 1 Year Old Site: How Much Traffic do We have? Our Results and Conclusions.
- 11 months special Post – How the Coronavirus has affected our traffic.
- 10 months special Post – Modifications made and results obtained.
- 9 months special Post – Our results in January.
- 8 months special Post – Christmas and Site traffic.
- 7 months old Site performance.
- 6 months old Site performance.
- 5 months old Website performance.
- What to expect from a 3 months old Website.
- Pageviews and users in a 2 months old Website.
- 1st day: Week report and what we’ve done so far.
If you prefer to check our Publications chronologically as they were published: