As we always mention, a Leader is someone that people look up to.
- Because he/she cares for a group of people.
- Because he mediates and resolves the internal conflicts of a group.
- Because he anticipates future situations and acts in advance.
- Because he tends to be right.
That’s why people tend to be interested in what Leaders think.
- Their thoughts and Ideas.
Therefore, the best weapon a Leader has is his own mind.
- And his Team, of course.
With this fact in had, some Leaders use the Influence of their Ideas, to Lead.
- This is called Thought Leadership.
But, How does it work?
Let’s see some examples so you can see how this type of Leadership is carried out:
Thought Leadership Examples
The owner of Twitter and Tesla, uses his massive influence to Lead Changes in his Companies.
- You could see this when he:
- Purchased Twitter.
- Supported Free Speech.
- Revived the Space race with SpaceX.
He has been key in the global development of the Electric Vehicle.
The legendary investor is famous for his “Value” Investment philosophy.
- He Leads the entire Financial World:
- With his annual Berkshire Hathaway conferences.
- Through his Investments and Market positioning.
- Not investing in certain things (like bitcoin).
His mere fixation on a Stock is a guarantee that it will rise.
The founder of Microsoft is famous for his influence on different Global Issues.
Whenever he talks, people listen, no matter if he talks about:
- Climate Change.
- Global pandemics.
Like it or not, he is a World Leader who uses his Ideas to influence policy.
As you can see Thought Leaders create a cohesive Cloud of Ideas, that defines them.
- This Cloud is what guides their actions and helps them convince people to achieve a Vision.
What Cloud of Ideas do these Leaders that we have just mentioned have?
We could say, very briefly:
- Elon Musk:
- The Freedom of the Individual is the most important thing.
- The Interconnection among individuals is vital.
- We all know what is best for ourselves.
- Warren Buffet:
- Good things are those that last over time.
- The key to investing is to see what Value a Company creates.
- A good reputation is king in Business.
- Bill Gates:
- The World should be a United place.
- Community is more important than Individuals.
- Sometimes people don’t know what is best for them.